Decorating For The Holidays? Consider Flameless Candles!
Posted on 11/17/2014
Candles in the home add a lovely ambience around holiday time, but real candles can be messy, they don’t last, and of course they’re a fire hazard. House fires tend to increase around the holidays because people often burn candles near highly flammable decorations, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
It’s a great time to consider switching to flameless candles for your holiday decorating this year. Home Depot, Target, Lowes, Pier 1 Imports and many other stores now sell flameless candles…. many of which now come with remote controls, scents, timers and rechargeable batteries, and they are available in many different sizes from the smallest tealight to the tallest pillar.
If you do decide to use real candles this year, please follow these safety tips:
* Keep candles at least 12 inches from anything that can burn.
* Keep candles out of the reach of children.
* Never leave a child unattended in a room with a candle.
* Don’t leave a lit candle in a room where a child sleeps.
* Use sturdy candleholders that won’t easily tip over.
* Put candles out before they burn down completely to the holder or container.
* Never use a candle in a home where anyone uses an oxygen tank.